The Windmill Suffolk is committed to protecting your privacy.
Who is “The Windmill Suffolk”.
The controller for the personal data involved when you use The Windmill Suffolk, visit our website or communicate with us, is: The Windmill Suffolk, Mill Farm, Lavenham Road, Cockfield, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, IP30 0HX.
What personal data do we collect?
We may collect personal data when you visit us, use our website, make an inquiry or communicate with us.
- Information provided when you communicate with us by phone, email, webform or in person, including records of your contact, your email address or other contact information, and other information about the reasons for the communication.
- Business information that tells us more about from public sources like LinkedIn or Twitter.
- Marketing preferences, such as whether you have agreed to receive marketing information or newsletters about our services or whether you have opted out, and the types of services that may interest you.
Customers of The Windmill Suffolk.
We may collect personal data when you enquire about or book a stay at The Windmill Suffolk.
- Identification information, such as name, address, email address, phone numbers.
- Financial information, credit card details or bank details.
How do we use personal data?
Using personal data to provide our services
We use personal data where it is necessary to provide the services you request.
- We use personal data to communicate with you, for example sending booking confirmations, discussing your requirements, providing customer support and invoicing.
Using personal data where required by law.
We use personal data to comply with the requirements of law and as required in other exceptional circumstances.
- Under exceptional circumstances, we may be required by law to provide personal data to law enforcement agencies.
How long do we keep personal data?
We will retain your data for a period of seven years, as required by law.
How is personal data shared?
Your personal information may be shared with and processed by third parties only in the below circumstances.
- Your information may be disclosed when we believe in good faith that the disclosure is:
- required by law;
- to protect the safety of our employees, the public or The Windmill Suffolk’s property
- required to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order or legal process; or
- for the prevention or detection of crime (including fraud).
- We do not sell any personal data to anyone
Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn)
- Engagement on external social media platforms that we participate on are subject to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held within each social media platform respectively. We will never ask for personal or sensitive information through these platforms.
- If you send us a private or direct message via social media the message will be stored on each platform and will not be shared with any other organisations.
- Our online booking and payment system is supplied by third parties http://www.supercontrol.co.uk/privacy-policy and http://www.yapstone.com/privacy-policy-international/
- Please refer to their own privacy policies for further details.
We do not share any data internationally.
Your rights and choices.
You have the following rights in accordance with your Personal Data and all such requests should be made to in writing to The Windmill Suffolk:
- Your right to be informed
- Your right to access
- Your right to rectification
- Your right to erasure
- Your right to be forgotten
- Your right for data portability
- Your right to object
Cookies are small amounts of information which we may store on your computer.
They also allow us to monitor website traffic and to personalise the content of the site for you. You can set up your computer to reject cookies by following instructions at www.aboutcookies.org. In that case, you may not be able to use certain features on our website site.